Our Annual General Meeting is on 19th September 2015.
At our AGM we elect the trustees of the charity who also serve as directors because CDA is also a charitable company.
This year, the AGM will comprise two other sections. There will be a group discussions about the direction of CDA and where our members think we should be focusing our efforts in future.
This is your opportunity to influence the direction of CDA and help us plan for the future as we put together our plan to take us through to 2020.
We will be asking questions like:
- What services should we provide?
- Where should we be based?
- What do you want from CDA?
It will be good to know what you think.
Then we will be welcoming our special guest, film maker and journalist Charlie Swinbourne, who will be talking us through his career and showcasing his cinematic highlights.
Charlie is the Editor of the World’s No.1 Deaf Blog, The Limping Chicken. He also wrote and directed the hit ‘Four Deaf Yorkshiremen’.
- 1pm AGM
- 3pm The Future of CDA workshop
- 5pm Buffet
- 6pm Charlie Swinbourne presentation
- 8pm Evening reception and celebration of our year
To help us plan, please let us know you will be going to www.cambsdeaf.org/about/agm and filling in the form
Would you like to be a trustee?
If taking on the responsibility and commitment of being a trustee of CDA is something that interests you, we would welcome applications from people who feel they have something to offer. We are looking for trustees with skills or experience in fundraising, running businesses or developing community organisations.
As a trustee you will be required to attend quarterly meetings and help make decisions about the overall direction and strategy of CDA. Being a trustee also means talking legal responsibility for CDA. Please get in touch with me if you want more information about what being a trustee involves.
There is more information online here www.gov.uk/charity-trustee-whats-involved
There is a process that CDA must follow to elect its trustees. To become a trustee:
- You must a member and then be proposed by an eligible voting member of CDA in writing. This should also include a statement from you about why you want to be a trustee and signed by both the proposer and yourself.
- The proposal must be received in writing by Liz Hilton, Secretary, no later than 5th September 2015 to CDA, Romsey Terrace, Cambridge, CB1 3NH
- All members will receive notification of who is standing for election as trustee by 11th
- At the AGM, the members will elect trustees to the board
We will not be able to accept nominations for trustees on the day of the AGM. The latest that you can apply to be a trustee at the AGM is 5th September.
contact-form][contact-field label='Name' type='name' required='1'/][contact-field label='I will be coming to the AGM' type='checkbox' required='1'/][contact-field label='Names of other people coming with me' type='textarea'/][contact-field label='Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements ' type='textarea'/][/contact-form]