Our next AGM is on Saturday 22nd September at 1:30pm. Our AGM is for members only so in order to attend and cast votes, please ensure your membership application and payment of £10 has been submitted by 10th September.
Brand New Membership Scheme
We’re introducing a new membership scheme to ensure we comply with The Charity Commission Guidance on Membership Charities.
We also want to make sure our membership is truly representative of the people we aim to support; that our members are given ample opportunity to feedback their ideas and views on our service and that our work is truly accountable to a supportive membership base through our Trustees.
There are now also clear benefits to being a member including discounts on CDA Events and Sign Language Classes and two members only events per year, including one specifically for giving feedback about our services and what we should focus on in future.
We invite applications for membership from the following groups:
- Profoundly or Severely deaf people living in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough local authourity areas
- Close relatives of profoundly or severely deaf people living in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough local authourity areas. Close relative is child, parent, sibling or grandparent.
- People who currently work or volunteer with deaf people in those areas and have more than one year’s service.
- Severely or Profoundly Deaf people who do not live in those areas but whose applications are supported by two existing members both having been a member for the last two years.
The annual cost of CDA Membership is £10. Annual members only social events may include a reasonable charge for tickets to cover costs.
Benefits of Membership:
- Quarterly membership update with more in-depth information.
- Invitation to annual members-only social event
- Invitation to members-only feedback event
- Voting rights at AGM
- Discounts on BSL classes for member’s friends and family
- Discounts on CDA Events
If you would like to apply, please fill in the online form, print off the form from the link below or see our staff at our Open Support Services or Drop-ins. Our Support and Advocacy staff can also assist you in filling in the form.
Online Membership Form