Advocacy & Support in your area

We provide Support and Advocacy services for deaf people in the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough areas.



 Total Voice Cambridgeshire & Peterborough

Make a referral here

Cambridgeshire Deaf Association are working with VoiceAbility and NYAS to provide a new range of services in the area called ‘Total Voice’. More information about this can be found here:


Independent One-to-one Advocacy

Advocacy is about supporting you to work towards outcomes that you choose.

Your advocate will listen to you, and help you identify what things you want to happen.

This will help you both to create a plan which you will work towards with your Advocate.

Our Advocates are qualified in different types of Independent Advocacy, relevant law, care and support processes or working towards a recognised qualification.

Your Advocate will support you to:

  • Talk about your situation
  • Identify what you want to happen
  • Make a plan and work towards it

Sometimes you might want us to:

  • Explain what rights you have
  • Find out information for you
  • Let you know the choices you have
  • Help you make important decisions
  • Help you prepare for meetings
  • Go to meetings with you or on your behalf
  • Support you to raise concerns or make a complaint

Types of Advocacy we provide

There are many different types of face to face advocacy that we provide in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.

  • Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy (IMCA)
  • Care Act Advocacy (ICAA)
  • Independent Health Complaints Advocacy (IHCA)
  • Independent Professional Advocacy
  • Independent Mental Health Advocacy (IMHA), in partnership with Voice Ability
  • Children and Young People’s Advocacy

Our Advocacy service is funded by Cambridgeshire County Council and Peterborough City Council.

Support in Cambridgeshire

Support is provided by our Caseworkers to enable deaf people to remain independent.

Issues they support with include benefits, bills, correspondence, applying for jobs, housing issues, support to refer for equipment, health and care, accessing services, finance issues, sign posting, and emotional support.

Support is provided at drop -ins, open support sessions, home visits and in some cases at your meetings.

Our support service is funded by Cambridgeshire County Council.

Have you used our service?

We’d love to know what you think. Please complete our feedback form here