Do you deal with deaf people in your working life or are keen to learn sign language?
Join our experienced and knowledgeable tutor for a fascinating and useful introduction to British Sign Language.
Here’s what Lucy said about the course:
“I took the Sign Language Basics Course with my sister and it exceeded my expectations! Alongside learning practical skills such as finger spelling and basic conversation there was a comprehensive introduction to BSL which helped put into context what we were learning. I left the course feeling inspired and eager to learn more. Couldn’t recommend highly enough, thank you!”
The course is aimed at people thinking about learning sign language or people who work in customer facing or public service positions.
ATTENDEES TO THE COURSE WILL COVER:
• The structure of British Sign Language
• Fingerspelling alphabet
• Sign names
• Gesture & expression in BSL
• Basic conversations
The courses run once a month in both Cambridge and Peterborough and the cost is £30 per delegate. We can also deliver this course in the workplace – please contact us for more information.
Monday 26th November 2018, 10am – 1pm in Peterborough
• Cambridge, Cambridgeshire Deaf Association, 8 Romsey Terrace, Cambridge, CB1 3NH
• Peterborough, The Allia Future Business Centre, Peterborough United Football Club, London Rd, Peterborough PE2 8AN
• Huntingdon, Saxongate Community Learning Centre, Bradbury Place, Huntingdon, PE29 3RR
For more information please email email@example.com
To book your place on one of the upcoming events, please fill in the form below.