A position has arisen for a male carer and support worker to assist a man who is disabled and deaf with a loss of vision, living on the outskirts of Cambridge city.
The role includes:
- Personal Care including washing and dressing
- Safety at home
- General light housework
- Facilitating social inclusion
- Support to understand health needs and live a healthy lifestyle
Essential Skills and attributes of the successful candidate will be:
- Fluent British Sign Language
- Knowledge of Deaf Culture
- Experience of providing personal care
- Flexibility of approach
- A good sense of humour
- Willingness to get out and about
Hours are 28 per week / 4 hours per day. The precise arrangement is to be agreed between the client and candidates.
This role is funded through a direct payment to the client and is not a role with CDA. This advert is posted on behalf of the client.
For more information and to express your interest in the position, please email Ruth Godden email@example.com